We are presently witnessing a new era of technological transformation. It is safe to say that we have come a long way from the discovery of electricity to the use of smart electrical appliances that understand voice commands. Artificial Intelligence or AI as it is commonly known, is slowly and steadily getting incorporated into our daily lives. While AI pioneers agree that the intention of creating a human-like, but far more intelligent machine is not necessarily a bad thing. However, the arguments of AI critics cannot be entirely dismissed either. In this article, we will discuss the current and future trends of AI and its impact on human beings in general.
The Transformative Power of AI
With the advancement of science and technology, many new transformative technologies have emerged in the past fifty years. Cloud Computing, Blockchain, Big Data Analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT) are changing and transforming the organizational structure around the world. AI is at the heart of every technology since it is inspired by these transformative technologies and will eventually surpass the rest with its wider scope of growth. Recent developments in Deep Learning which has been developed with improvement in Machine Learning have paved the path for the creation of human brain-like responses in machines. This has become a revolutionary development that has been incorporated in healthcare and medicine to help in early cancer tumor cell detection.
Read Also AI and Machine Learning In Brisbane
The current AI trends can be summed up as:
- AI in Communication – Communication and human interaction go together. It is the defining characteristic of being a human being. And AI is transforming that with the help of smart devices. From our phones to computers, artificial intelligence is what is making them smart. They cannot yet think or act like human beings, but they can understand our voice commands through voice recognition technologies that convert human language into machine language and generate the results within seconds. Face recognition, fingerprint sensors, location identification, and navigational instructions are some of the other technologies that we are presently using which have been influenced by AI.
- AI in Automobiles and Manufacturing – The automobiles and manufacturing industries have always been the champion in being the first to accommodate the latest technological breakthroughs. AI has been used in RPA (Robotic Process Automation) in the manufacturing sector to automate repetitive and predictive tasks in factories. Also, the automobiles sector has created and launched several smart vehicles which are equipped with the latest AI technologies that assist drivers with navigation and parking instructions.
- AI in Cybersecurity – One of the biggest uses of AI presently has been in cybersecurity. With an increasing reliance on the internet for information and conducting modern business operations, the threats to individuals as well as organizations have also increased. AI is being used to find patterns and detect security threats in information systems. With deep learning and machine learning algorithms, AI is becoming instrumental in finding violators and cybersecurity hackers.
The future of AI looks more promising as it expands beyond the existing domains and transforms every other industry of the world. Some of the future AI trends are:
- AI in Education – AI will be changing the shape of the education industry, as mundane tasks get replaced by robots or smart machines though RPA. Thus, individuals will need to educate themselves in programming and other AI-related subjects to help manage these smart machines. Also, the traditional education system will become outdated and get replaced with AI-inspired applications and software. These intelligent technologies will be able to recognize students’ emotions to notice if they are bored or distracted and design the tutorial accordingly.
- AI in Government – AI can become useful for security breaches and theft detection in banking, strengthening law enforcement, detecting military intrusion, establishing rules and regulations, and many more. All these will be helpful for the government of the nations of the world. However, it should be noted that AI itself is unregulated and there are no laws to describe its strength and limitations. Thus, before incorporating AI to assist in the various organizational functions, our governments should first come up with guidelines for working with AI.
- AI in Transportation and Creation of Clean Energy – AI embedded vehicles can transport goods and even passengers to their destination without the need of a driver. This is already in development; however, it is still in its nascent stage. Our world is already reeling with depleting fossil fuels and frequent climate disasters occurring almost every month in some part of the world or another. With AI, scientists can develop technologies that will make the reality of the creation of clean energy possible. This will help reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, drastically and help preserve the remaining natural wonders of our planet.
Read also about avple