All employers look for professionals who can provide expert services. Moreover, most companies seek individuals who can prove their abilities. When the expectations are so high, one must validate their worth for the profile. But, how does an employer know if a candidate is best for their company? They look for employees who are certified. When it comes to the IT industry, there is more competition in the field for employment. Thus, one can stand out by earning a CAP certification.
The certification is proof that an individual can exhibit technical skills of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) that are bound under various Risk Management Frameworks (RMF). It is an excellent way of building your career opportunities with security expertise within the specified RMFs. On successful certification, an individual can administer, manage, authorize, and maintain information systems, best practices, procedures, and policies of the organization.
Who can choose CAP certification?
Individuals interested in information systems, information security, and information assurance can choose the certification. In addition, a person interested in Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) can opt for this CAP certification training.
The profile requires a deep understanding and knowledge of the risk management programs for the seamless functioning of the IT systems. A Certified analytics professional must help the IT systems of the organization align with its business objectives while not compromising on the risk quotient and meeting compliance requirements.
A candidate willing to get an (ISC)2 certification must first clear the exam conducted and is required to have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in any of the seven fields of (ISC)2 CAP CBK (Common Body Knowledge). If they don’t have the required work experience, they must pass the exam first. Once this is completed, the candidate can become an associate of (ISC)2 and have three years to gain the experience.
Job Profiles that require a CAP certification
CAP is the only certification that has been approved by the US Department of Defense. Sectors where a professional can get to work after this certification includes the US federal government, local government, private sector organizations, and civilian roles. In addition, job roles available for CAP certification holders include:
- Information Security Risk Manager
- Information Systems Auditor
- Chief Information Security Officer
- IT Risk Manager
- Security Consultant
- Information Assurance Manager
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Information Assurance Engineer
- IT Security Manager
- Authorization Specialist
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Information Systems Manager
CAP Exam Overview
The CAP certification cost is $695 for applicants and $495 for members of INFORMS. The exam tests your skills in the following seven domains of CAP.
- Information security risk management program – 16%
- Scope of information system – 11%
- Selection and approval of security and privacy controls – 15%
- Implementation of security and privacy controls – 16%
- Assessment/Audit of security and privacy controls – 16%
- Authorization/Approval of Information systems – 10%
- Continuous monitoring – 16%
The exam consists of 125 questions that have to be answered within a time limit of three hours. To clear the exam, a candidate has to score 700 or more out of 1000.
Benefits of CAP Certification
- Better Career Opportunities: The certification proves the potential skills of the individual in risk management of information systems. Hence, you become more credible for career advancements.
- Unique Skill-sets: It is the only certification approved by the US Department of Defense. This means that you will stand out from the rest of the crowd. It also means that you will have ample grounds for expanding your skill-set and knowledge to accomplish organizational needs.
- Respect in Industry: A certified professional can differentiate himself in the competitive IT sector and gain more respect in his professional life.
- Better Networking: Exposure and connectivity to a global community of cybersecurity professionals can help you expand your professional reach and land better opportunities.
- Higher Salary: CAP-certified professionals are known to get 35% better salaries than those who are not certified.
- Future-Proof: Cyber-attacks and the security against them will not go out of style in this world of digitalization. Knowledge about cyber security will keep your career on a safe track in the future.
Also Read: All You Need To Know About Cyber Security
As all markets are prone to cyber threats, the opportunities for certified analytics professionals will only grow more. Besides, CAP certification is considered one of the best IT certifications employers value and look for in candidates. Therefore, to secure a dominant position in the IT industry, professionals opt to get certified in the CAP domain, and you should too.
Read also : videovormedia .